Friday, May 13, 2005

Tidbits

It is almost the evening prior to departure. Julie and I are totally excited, giddy, and a little nervous. Did we manage to pack everything we will really need? Who knows! I’m sure we’ll remember what we forgot on the way to the airport. We’ve got passports and good traveling shoes so that should count for something.

As part of our class, Julie and I have to give short oral presentations on something of interest. Julie will be doing a history of the Eiffel Tower. Did you know that the company that installed the current lighting system holds copyright on nighttime pictures of the Tower? I’ll be sharing information on Tulipmania. I’m sure you won’t want to read my entire presentation; here’s a short background - http://www.florissa.ca/wcms/index.php?id=7,30,0,0,1,0.


Also, if you’re interested in the food of France, try “Chocolate and Zucchini” a food blog set up by a Parisian. Clothilde is the author of the blog and has recently been published in a recent issue of “Budget Travel.” After reading her site, I guarantee you’ll either want to be cooking or eating or both! http://chocolateandzucchini.com

Au Revoir ~

No comments: