Tuesday, May 24, 2005

From Paris With Love

Michelle climbed the steps at the Sacre Couer again for me, she's so sweet. This time we took the ramp part way up instead of climbing the middle set of steps. As a side note, Sacre Couer is the highest point in the city. Your calves start to burn well before you reach the top. There's a cable car you can ride in but it costs money and we are cheap, so we walk it.

I found the scarf that I wanted and after waiting in line for what seemed like an eternity, it was officially mine. I looked for David, we had to pass by the spot where all the artists hang out to get to the shops, but he wasn't there. Secretly I was hoping I would run into him again, but I really did want the scarf. It wasn't just an excuse, I promise.

We decided to stop at a sandwich shop and get some food to take back and eat on steps of the Sacre Couer. We bought a fried ham and cheese sandwich to share, and two orders of fritz (fries), plus a water and Coke light for Michelle. On our way back to the steps who should we see but David and his artist friend. He kissed me hello, on the cheek, and whispered bonjour in my ear. He looked so nice. He was wearing nice jeans with a blue button down shirt, a white tee-shirt underneath and a black leather jacket on top. He had a pair of cute blue European style tennis shoes on like the one's Michelle and I have been drooling over.

I offered him some fries but he wouldn't take them. He said they were tourist food.

He asked me why I didn't call him last night and go out with him. I told him I thought I might run into him again, and I wanted to get to know him better before I went off alone with him. He joked with his friend about how I thought he was a serial killer.

His face lights up when he laughs. He has the best eyes, they crinkle when he smiles.

He pulled a Chicago bears hat from his back pocket and put it on. The way he said Chicago was so cute...she-cog-oooh.

He asked me how long I was staying and I told him until Sunday. He asked me what I was doing later and I told him I was going to spend time with Michelle but that I would be here until Sunday. I gave him the business card from our hotel and wrote my name on the back so that he could contact me. We'll see what happens.

Michelle and I decided we better go eat our food before it got cold. As I turned to leave David said Au Revoir Mon Cheri and I said good bye.

Michelle and I sat on the steps in the front of Sacre Couer and ate our cold fritz and sandwich, enjoying the lovely view of Paris with the other tourists. We walked back to the hotel when we were done talking about guys, relationships, and love along the way. She misses Chris a lot.

I'm so glad I decided to come on this trip. With the way everything fell into place and the wonderful time I'm having, I feel like it's fate that I'm here.

No comments: