Wednesday, June 08, 2005

La longue echarpe cravte

Translating the scarf kit I purchased from the knitting store in Paris is much more difficult than I had anticipated. I thought I'd be able to come home and google my way to a lovely new scarf in no time. As it turns out, the number of French women who are fluent in English, happen to be knitters who read Marie Claire Idees, and document their work online seems to be just about zero.

I suppose I'll have to embark on this journey armed with babelfish, a fading memory of the actual design, and relatively no knitting experience under my belt (with the exception of a still half finished scarf resting comfortably in my drawer of crafting projects that time forgot).

I'll be sure to take pictures of the monstrosity as soon as it's complete.

No comments: